Wednesdays In Lent | Discovering God in the Bible: A Lenten Exploration of Holy Scripture
FEBRUARY 21ST, FEBRUARY 28TH, MARCH 7TH, MARCH 14TH
Recent research by Forward Movement shows that engagement with the Bible is an important catalyst for spiritual growth in individuals and congregations. And yet, many of us find the Bible to be intimidating, difficult, or just downright weird! We’d like to get to know the Scriptures, but we aren’t sure where to start.
• Been curious about where the Bible comes from in the first place, or how it was put together?
• Wondered how an ancient book from another cultural context can speak to our concerns today?
• Wanted to know how the Old and New Testaments are related?
• Been unsure of what to make of the Bible readings in Church, especially the hard ones?
• Wondered how to find inspiration, solace, and spiritual challenge in the pages of Scripture?
If you have questions like these, come join us for four Wednesdays in Lent: February 21st, February 28th, March 7th, and March 14th.
Dinner will be served at 6:30 PM.
The programs will run from 7:00 PM-8:00 PM.
We will have discussion and hear video presentations from folks like Eric Elnes, Phyllis Tickle, Rachel Held Evans, William Willimon, Peter Enns, and others.
We will discover practical ways to discover God in the pages of the Bible. Suggestions for optional but enriching reading materials, will also be available. Whether you are a long time reader of the Bible, or new to it, I hope that you will come away from it with a sense that the Bible can help you grow in your spiritual life.
I look forward to spending this time with you!
If you would like to prepare soup and salad for one of these dinners,
please contact Anne Schiave at firstname.lastname@example.org