Third Sundays are All Y’all Sundays | August 20
• 8am Rite I Eucharist happens as usual.
• No Family Sing or Children’s Formation at 9:30
• All Ages Worship Together at 10am
• At the 10am service children will gather together during the Gospel Acclamation and, after the reading of the Gospel, head to the Grauer Lounge for an age-appropriate formation activity and prayers, returning to the Sanctuary during the Peace
• All the children will join together in the “All God’s Children Choir” to sing at the Offertory one of the songs they’ve been learning in Family Sing.
Church is probably the only place around where 4, 5, and even 6 generations of people come together under one roof. Studies show again and again that participation in intergenerational worship helps to build a vital sense of faith in both children and adults and leads to deeper commitment to God and the church community. As we at St. Mary’s have continually affirmed that we desire to offer more times for all ages to be together in worship, formation, and service, our staff has continued to work to provide meaningful intergenerational opportunities. Indeed in our common prayer we are formed as people of faith. We “become” as we pray. It is our hope that All Y’all Sundays will help to foster the intergenerational community that we desire and that is so desperately needed in the broken and divisive world in which we live.
Please feel free to ask any questions about All Y’all Sundays and offer any feedback to Beau Surratt, Associate for Liturgy and Spiritual Life, at email@example.com or 847-232-4013.